this adoption thing has got me like...
Long road ahead still. Gotcha day sometime early next month. Then the citizenship process.
Ahhhh. I need to breath. That is the lesson of the day. As we wait to travel, to bring our daughter home soon, I am learning to trust the Lord with each day.
Weighting on me currently is the citizenship process that is to come after we bring our daughter home. Living overseas the citizenship process is a little more compounded. After we bring her home we will have 6 months to return to the States, and then file for citizenship. Will we be able to enter back into China while waiting for US Citizenship to process? Will we have to stay in the states and wait the 6-9 months and then return to China after citizenship is complete? Will I have to return to work in China while my wife and daughter stay stateside for an unpredictable amount of time (months)? Help us Lord, is my prayer.
Anxiety, frustration, and confusion just some of the emotions. If you have ever dealt with a citizenship process you probably understand. Not sure what will come in the next few months, one step at a time and trusting him. In the flurry of my emails and conversations to figure out the citizenship, I really felt the Lord saying "shhh. I got this. Trust ME!" And then I began reading about quietness in Isaiah.
He has been sooo faithful in this process. He has brought so many of you around us, supporting us, praying for us, and encouraging us. Thank you friends. Let's do this Lord, in the way only you can so only YOU get the praise. "In quietness and trust shall be your strength." Isaiah 30:15
Ahhhh. I need to breath. That is the lesson of the day. As we wait to travel, to bring our daughter home soon, I am learning to trust the Lord with each day.
Weighting on me currently is the citizenship process that is to come after we bring our daughter home. Living overseas the citizenship process is a little more compounded. After we bring her home we will have 6 months to return to the States, and then file for citizenship. Will we be able to enter back into China while waiting for US Citizenship to process? Will we have to stay in the states and wait the 6-9 months and then return to China after citizenship is complete? Will I have to return to work in China while my wife and daughter stay stateside for an unpredictable amount of time (months)? Help us Lord, is my prayer.
Anxiety, frustration, and confusion just some of the emotions. If you have ever dealt with a citizenship process you probably understand. Not sure what will come in the next few months, one step at a time and trusting him. In the flurry of my emails and conversations to figure out the citizenship, I really felt the Lord saying "shhh. I got this. Trust ME!" And then I began reading about quietness in Isaiah.
He has been sooo faithful in this process. He has brought so many of you around us, supporting us, praying for us, and encouraging us. Thank you friends. Let's do this Lord, in the way only you can so only YOU get the praise. "In quietness and trust shall be your strength." Isaiah 30:15

Comments
Post a Comment