What the what???
At 7:15 on Thursday, September 29th I opened my email. With Crowder's new album [this has little significants other than music can trigger memories] streaming in my ear I read the following..."you have been logged in." I sent my wife a text, "check your email." And received the following text back...
All our paperwork is now logged into China's system. Now we wait.
The waiting is quiet sometimes. I find that being still takes a great amount of trust. Trust that God is working, that He called, that He is faithful. I want to do. I want to make things happen. But more than that, I want things to happen in such a way that it can only be attributed to God himself. I have been reading Trusting God by Jerry Bridges. In chapter 3 he references the story of Ruth [Ruth 2:1-10] to display God's sovereign control of all circumstances. The wording "As it turned out" v.3 and "Just then" v.4 jump off the page of scripture. That is God at work, accomplishing His will at just the right timing.
In the waiting I find my mind marking the calendar at significant dates [Christmas, birthday months, summer] and hoping that our daughter will be home by then. We are always asked, "when will she come home?" and the response is always, "I don't know." Which is usually followed by a little bit of puzzlement. It is hard to explain. It is not a 9 month thing. It could be this Christmas, it could be in March, it could be this summer, it could be...We just wait and trust in His timing.
I love trying to answer the questions. When someone asks a question it reminds me that others are in this with us, praying and hoping along side us the whole way. And waiting with us. My hope is always that somehow God will use our story to impact others to follow God's heart.
"'I have chosen you' (John 15:16). Keep that note of greatness in your creed. It is not that you have got God, but that He has got you." My Utmost for His Highest
So we will trust, at just the right timing ["Just then"] and in his perfect plan ["As it turned out"], that His will be done. Help me Lord to Trust.
Now that we are logged in, you can pray our paperwork gets all approved without any issues. You can also pray that we would trust Him for all the remaining financial needs in the process.



Comments
Post a Comment