fingerprints


This past week we headed to the embassy to be fingerprinted.

Our appointment was in the morning, so instead of trying to take a train at 5 a.m. we decided to make a date of it and went up the night before. With no kids! A good friend watched our kiddos, and we had a blast. Um...I mean...we really missed our kids too.  

Thursday night we thought we had a good dinner spot picked out, at Peter's Tex Mex.  After 45-60 minutes trying to find it we discovered it was no longer at this listed location.  We joked that it may not be there, but didn't think it would actually not be there.

You never know when things will close down around here.  We gave up after walking too much and took a rick-shaw. We had Annie's Italian instead.
After some yummy Italian we headed to our hostel.  It was a very nice courtyard spot in the Hutong's (narrow roads) of old BJ.  Just perfect.  The breakfast the next morning was simple and just enough. 
[My breakfast date.]

Woke up early and went to have our fingerprints done.  One more thing done in this journey.
I am thankful for wonderful friends who love our kids and are willing to spend the night with them.
[Subway running is simple when just two.]

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you posted an update! I was just thinking about you this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts