thy faithfulness.
John Piper once said,
“God is always doing 10,000 things in your life, and you may be aware of three of them.”
My prayer lately has been, "Lord open my eyes to see at least three of them."
Let me count His blessings and name them [1] by [1]. Here are some of the ways I have seen his faithfulness and work in our lives over the past couple weeks.
We have a social worker coming Friday to our home. This seems like a big marker in this journey of adoption. Because it is. Over a month ago we were told that there was a social worker in Malaysia that could come, BUT there was a lady about to begin working in Shanghai that could come eventually. Blessing [1]. It would be much cheaper to pay for someone to come from Shanghai. Perfect timing. She corresponded with us just over a week ago, and is coming this Friday. Additionally, [2] God has provided the funds to pay for her travel, hotel, taxi's, etc, for when she comes. This has come by generous gifts from friends and being able to sell some dongxi (stuff). Oh, and the hotel [3]. When I went to book a hotel I was planning on one route and was quickly lead a different way. I thought I was going to book at a hotel near our home for 650 RMB. Well, it so happens, that the same week I am going to book a hotel is the same week a new hotel opened up closer to our home. AND, the same week our company signed a contract to use the hotel at a great price. Thus, a cheaper, closer and much nicer hotel. Great is Thy Faithfulness.
As we count blessings, here is number [4]
When I went to have my physical, needed for our paperwork, the doctor noticed something strange in my ear. He had me come back a week later to see if it had gone away. NOPE. So he wanted me to see a specialist. Urrr. It is stressful enough to use the clinic here, and now to go and see a local specialist - I did not want to go. I put it off. But, my good wife made the phone call and asked for a recommendation for the best ENT. It so happens, that a great ENT was flying into Beijing from Hong Kong that week, only on Sunday. And if I scheduled an appointment right away I could get into see him before he was all booked. Perfect timing. Great is Thy Faithfulness. The visit was this past Sunday and went well. There was an infection in my middle ear, a polyp, that he took care of. I will return in a couple weeks and make sure it has gone down. You can pray it goes completely away.
And one more, number [5]
Henry has a double ear infection that started on Monday. Tricia taxied into school to pick him up and bring him to the doctor. Tricia asked the driver to wait for Henry and then bring them directly to the clinic. The total taxi fare was 67 RMB, not a cheap ride. It so happens, she had a ticket for a complementary taxi ride and was able to cash it in at the clinic.
GREAT is Thy Faithfulness.
He really is always doing 10,000 things in our lives.
Keep your eyes open.
[If you have 4 min and 6 seconds to pause and listen to a great song, I encourage you to do so.]
[If you have 4 min and 6 seconds to pause and listen to a great song, I encourage you to do so.]


Great testimony, brother. I needed to hear that this morning.
ReplyDelete