Sweet moments from parenthood.

Kids say the darndest things...I am not sure “darndest” is even a word, I liked that show with Bill Cosby though.  

They do say the best things, don’t they?
And sometimes they catch you off guard and say something that blows you away.  And sometimes you sit and wonder, “where in the world did they get that?”  Then you realize how much your kid is picking up everything you say and do. 

Here are a few recent moments from our three year old...

Moment 1:
We took a family walk up the local mountain (more like a big hill).  The spring colors have been coming out so we thought it would be a great picture opportunity.



After this picture was taken, H pulled the branches to the side and said “Here Mom, I got it.  How about you go first.”  What a little gentleman.  It was a proud moment.  Way to go little buddy.  Chivalry: the quality of an ideal knight.  We made sure to point out how proud we where of him in that moment and what that meant to his Mom.  Watch out ladies!  

The best way to be a good father to your children is to be a good husband to their mother. —Jay Adams

Moment 2:
The other night after I laid H down to bed, said our prayers, and kissed him good night, he whispered something.  “Daddy.”  “Yes.”  "(indiscrete whispering)" I could not tell what he said after this, so I had to bend over and get my ear closer to him.  “What did you say?”  "(indiscrete whispering)" I still did not pick it up.  (Sometimes I need a translator to understand what is being said.)  “What did you say?”  Whereupon he said with a little more force, “Courage and Honor.”  I am a proud father.  

Moment 3:
M just went down to nap and H said to Tricia, “Hey Mommy, how about we sit down and brainstorm some ideas for my birthday party.”  Brainstorm.  Brainstorm? 

This three year old is turning 4 pretty soon and after all the brainstorming that went on it will be a fun party!  


Comments

Popular Posts