an un-snow day.

It was a great non-snow day today.

What brings people from Hawaii, Sweden, Europe, Korea, China, America, Australia, Romania (others?) together? 
SNOW! and plenty of it. 
(I know, some of you where thinking a different answer to that question.  
That brings us together also...if I am thinking what you are thinking.)

A quote from the day “I always wondered what it was like to build a snowman.”

For this Minnesotan it was a welcome site.  Last year we only received about a half an inch of this stuff, and it fell in the middle of the night.  

I know every teacher was thinking, “Is there a way to take the kids out and integrate learning?”  Math: talk about how the angle you throw a snow ball effects its distance.  
Science: Cause and Effect; you get hit by a snow ball, it hurts.  
PE: plenty of options here.  
English: I am sure you could write a beautiful poem.  
Music: “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.”  
Geography:  “You see kids, this is the stuff Eskimos live in.”  
Art: plenty of options here.  

I, along with little man H, was excited to get home and take him out in it.  Roll in it.  Snow Angel in it.  Build with it.  Throw it at each other.  Eat it.  (errrrr-insert sound of wheels screeching) Wait, I went over the line with that one.  Sorry Mom.  In MN maybe, but we certainly did not eat this stuff.  Rest assured Mom, and Grandma’s.

In patient anticipation for Dad to get home, Mom and H made a scarf, mittens, hat, a bag with a carrot and raisins....and homemade hot chocolate ready for afterwards.  

 We drew a crowd, and of course they wanted a picture.
 And build your own snowman pancakes to top it all off.


Comments

  1. Oh my word...snowman pancakes and homemade hot chocolate! I love it! I'm glad you guys had a fun day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved it, too! What a great day! And yes, we also drew the line at eating the snow. I couldn't bring myself to allow the children to eat stuff that fell from THESE skies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts