my favorite part of the day

I know, you have heard me say it time and time again...
my son brings me so much joy.
I read a quote once that said to have a child, 
is to have your heart walk outside your body.


Most days when I am walking the sidewalk leading to our building
my son waits with excited anticipation to see me round the corner.
So, the favorite part of my day is the 100 yard walk from the gate
where the bus drops me off (after I get past the sewer that smells
like rotting trout that never made it up stream, that is not my favorite part), 
and begin to hear
"Daddy, Daddy" 
coming from the kitchen window up above.
{can't really see him in that window, but he is there.  
The window just above and to the left of the 2.}

Their is no sweeter thing than to hear your child yell with excitement,
"Daddy, Daddy."

Usually, "DID YOU BRING NEW BOOKS HOME?"
accompanies the excited "Daddy Daddy!" from the window above.

Yes Mrs. Librarian, that is why I visit everyday and check out a few books.
If I can bring pure joy and excitement to my son by checking out a book,
I will do it everyday.

Then comes another favorite part.
Opening the door to our home and my son on the other side.
He has this arms-wide-open-dance-hopping thing he does, 
with a big smile on his face.
There have been days when I don't make it to the library and 
then I come through the door
to, "Did you bring new books home?" 
and I have to explain to my son that I forgot.
It is such a better feeling to see him dance 
over the excitement of reading a book with daddy.

So that is my favorite part of the day.  
It is great to have your heart walk outside your body.
-Chad

Comments

Popular Posts