things from mr. heimer

things i miss...
- going out and not having people follow my son with a cell phone camera
- stopping the stroller for two seconds out on a walk and not having to be stared at by everyone and many who like to pinch my son's cheek
- being able to jump in a lake
- communicating with words
- knowing where to get things (like ant killer)
- cool fall weather when the leaves fall and walking around an apple orchard
- sidewalks where I don't have to watch every step I take, wondering if the puddle I just stepped in was...I hope it wasn't
- being able to drop something outside and know that it doesn't necessarily have to be sanitized
- smog free air
- driving
- eating my wife's homemade cookies that don't cost a premium to make
- driving and arriving at fellowship in less than 45 minutes (it is a chore at times taking all the snacks and lunch we need as we ride the bus to fellowship)
- watching the vikes :)
- abf and our friends, those people who had real convictions and were striving to live them out
- of course, family

things i don't miss...
- feeling like I need to keep up with the jones'
- consumerism and its trap
- being able to do everything easily and not needing to rely on the father
- having a car payment
- paying for gas (which seems to continue to be on the rise)
- being a Christian in a culture were that word has lost its meaning

that's it for now.
on another note:
I had a great time building relationships with students outside of the normal setting.
It was refreshing to go camping and feel like I was in the country side.  

-chad

Comments

Popular Posts